SAPA will participate in “Plastics in Motion” for the second time: one of the most important events on a global level for the plastics sector. The speech that will be given by the company from the Campania region will be around one of its patented pending components, the One-Shot® Engine Beauty Cover, which is ready to win over the USA as well.
This time around, “Plastics in Motion” 2019 will be held in Charlotte, North Carolina.
We participated in this event for the first time in 2017 and we were nervous and excited: our company was quickly gaining terrain in a highly competitive landscape. The others looked like giants to us.
In a certain way, living all this all over again two years later makes me feel like when you come back from an off-season holiday – I’m sure you, too have experienced this.
You have just come back from a place that is completely different from your own culture: Cuba, Jordan or Vietnam.
The holiday was fine, maybe the weather wasn’t always at its best, but that’s part of the game and you knew from the start. You have tasted incredible dishes that at home you would not even be able to cook because the main ingredients are not available. You have seen beautiful natural scenery at sunset or at dawn, with that particular light that normally you would only achieve by touching up the picture with Photoshop.
You go back to work. And as a first thing you notice that you have a tan while your colleagues don’t.
In second place, you feel somehow happy. Maybe not happy, but definitely serene. You are happy to be there, and you would not be anywhere else because you have just gotten back from someplace else and it made you complete. It was enough.
In some way, it changed you, you have changed.
The others can see it, but not fully. You can.
You notice the differences and you consider them to be precious. You know what I’m talking about, don’t you?
I am taken by surprise by this same feeling every time I see an art exhibition.
Is this a coincidence?
I’ve thought about it, and I really don’t think it is.
Some experiences, no matter how long they last for, make you richer.
The important thing, however, is being aware of this change, and this is a critical factor.
Just like in a memorable journey, these two years at SAPA were filled with events, objectives being reached and decisions to be made, even with a little courage.
We grew in number and in capital, we became a public listed company to invest in, we participated in highly important events that were planned around our revolutionary One-Shot® Method.
In short, we are ready to bring the results of these two years of hard work to America, too.
The speech that our engineers have drafted for the occasion will have the following title:
One-Shot® method for the production of a composite and soundproof cover for internal combustion engines.
We will talk about the One-Shot® Engine Beauty Cover, which is already industrialised on Alfa Romeo Giulia.
Are you still wondering what is so special about this component?
In the first place, it is a part that is often overlooked, whose production procedure has not been innovated over the years.
The reason for this is very easy:
- 3 moulding operations for every single part: higher tooling costs, hence more occupied surface and more fixed and variable costs;
- Several suppliers for one single cover: more difficulties in process management and control;
- Higher transport costs and hence greater impact on the environment.
What SAPA did about this component was to simplify the process to the extent that it shrank to just one single step.
This sounds incredible, doesn’t it? Believe me: it is.
Thanks to the One-Shot® process:
- Assembly is eliminated, thus avoiding imprecisions and errors;
- The number of production phases is reduced, and this entails a cost and time reduction, too;
- The whole process is carried out in just one production island, achieving a 120 seconds’ desaturation cycle.
This means that productivity increases by 300%.
You’ve read correctly, by 300%. And this is not all, there are several advantages:
- One mould instead of three: in the standard process 1 mould is needed for the rigid shell and then two more PUR moulds are needed, too.
- The cycle time decreases from 180 seconds (needed to mould the cover + for the soundproof moulding) to just 60 seconds.
- There is no need of fixing with star locks because the part is fixed chemically, hence there is no need for an operator or machine to screw them onto the cover;
- Improved luxury sensation thanks to reduced rubbing and noisiness.
We will bring this and much more the “Plastics in Motion” 2019 conference.
The appointment is scheduled for Wednesday 6 March 2019 at 10am.
We will be there, and we are sure that it will be another incredible journey.
Director and Member of the Board of Directors at SAPA
ARE YOU A CAR MAKER AND YOU’D LIKE TO DISCOVER OUR ONE-SHOT® ENGINE BEAUTY COVER AND ALL THE APPLICATIONS OF THE ONE-SHOT® METHOD?
WRITE NOW TO
WE’LL GET BACK TO YOU WITHIN 24 hours.